Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

You all know George by now and you get to see all that he does, but I thought I'd throw in my own point of view on being a mom and "life" in general. The thought came to me last night at 5:00 a.m. as I crawled back in bed after bathing George. There was a nasty vomiting incident around 4:30 a.m. that woke me very quickly from my much needed slumber. I cleaned the baby while dad cleaned the bed. Then I sat and held George in the chair until dad came and took him and they snoozed together until morning. (Thank you, daddy!) As I tried my best to drift off for another hour or so of sleep before I had to start my day, the thoughts in my head were racing....
"Is he getting sick? Is it the ear infection? Is it the antibiotic? If he throws up again will I be able to clean it up without vomiting myself?"
Then I thought of several families we've prayed for recently at church and dear friends we have whose children are either very ill or no longer with us...and it made me reflect and think. I am so blessed to have a beautiful, healthy, and WILD little George.
So, it's cheesy and a little sentimental...but this Thanksgiving I am truly thankful. Thankful that I have a home, a loving husband, a wonderful family, fabulous friends and most of all, I am thankful because I have puke to clean up.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: