By no means to I claim to be an expert when it comes to style or design...but I think I know enough to ask when I see this house..."What happened here? Really, what is this?"
I don't get it. I try hard not to be critical of other's Christmas lights. After all, these people obviously put more time and effort into this project than my family. This is the first year we've even bothered with lights outside. We put net lights on the bushes and one light up tree. More or less the "obligatory lights."
Maybe I'm too picky. Maybe I'm just no fun. I say all this and I come from a long line of "Magpies." But, in looking up the Magpie bird from which this nickname is derived...I find out that this bird is known for hoarding small, shiny objects. I guess a house is not a small, shiny object....unless you are a very large Magpie. I guess I'm not a big enough Magpie.
So, I will stick to my obligatory net lights...and maybe next year we'll even add something extra to it...but if you ever drive by my house and see that it's decorated with half a dozen blow ups, lights ups and every inch of the house is outlined in a different color light....then you will know. We moved.....
No comments:
Post a Comment